April 20, 2009

Dearest 420ers,

Dearest 420ers,



"...the significance of April 20 dates
to a ritual begun in the early 1970s
in which a group of Northern California teenagers smoked
marijuana every day at 4:20 p.m..
Word of the ritual spread and expanded to a yearly event in various places.
Soon, marijuana aficionados were using “420” as a code
for smoking and using it as a sign-off on fliers for
concerts where the drug would be plentiful
."
[wikipedia.com]

So, in honor of 420:
I remember a few years one of my fellow Californian homegirls
invited to a Snoop Dogg concert out here in ATL.
Because her cousin played Keys for Snoop we got the "hook up" & was
directly in front of the stage.
[I remember the stage being set up w/ big ass marijuana plants all around it...CRAZY!]
So, after a few opening acts...
Snoop arrived on stage in his signature outfit.
After enjoying a few classic joints
[& having Snoop acknowledge me for singing along to EVERY song]
,
Snoop tossed the blunt he was smoking right in my direction.
Everyone backed up as it hit the ground DIRECTLY in front of my black&white
Chuck Taylors.
I bent down & snatched the blunt up.
But before I could even fully realize what just occurred,
niggas were running up trying to BUY the b*tch.
"Aye Shawty. How much you wont fo dat blunt?" a stranger asked.
"HA! I aint selling this!" I replied as I pocketed the blunt.


THE END!

No comments: