November 12, 2010

Dearest J. Cole,

Dearest J. Cole,

I am llloooovvviiinnggg 'In the Morning'.


It took me a few days to press play & now I can't press stop.
I just love the way you spit.
"God Bless the child that can hold his own.God Bless the woman that can hold Patron.
God Bless her homegirl that drove us home. No strings attached like a cordless phone."
However, I could do without Drake's 16 bars.




In September '09 I wrote you a Love Note after hearing your verses on 'Simba', 'A Star is Born' & 'Lights Please'. My goal was to download The Warm Up, but unfortunately I never got around to doing that.
But thank goodness you dropped your HIGHLY anticipated EP, Friday Night Lights. I'm downloading it now so that I can catch up with the rest of the world.
I did, however, love your verse on one of my favorite songs from the summertime.



PS: I'll be glad when one of these promoters in ATL get their money up so that I can see you perform live.

1 comment:

TreseyB said...

I love In The Morning too, the first verse is old from the original In The Morning. He just added Drake to it and a new verse. I'm listening to Friday Night Lights as I type, it goes so hard! I have NEVER anticipated a mixtape more than I was anticipating this!