January 05, 2010

Dearest Jay Sean,

Dearest Jay Sean,

Baby, are you downdowndowndowndown...?

 


 I just don't get it. Has my ass been living in a bubble?
Apparently this song/video dropped sometime during the middle of 09.
Its now the beginning of 2010 & I'm still learning all the words to the 3x Platinum single, "Down" [ft. Wayne].

 


 Like Jason Derulo, I have no idea who you are or where you came from.
SooOo, I stopped by Wikipedia again to see what all I could learn about you.
Couple of interesting facts:
  • Real Name: Kamaljeet Singh Jhooti [In Punjabi: ਕਮਲਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਝੁੱਟੀ ]
  • You've been signed to Cash Money Records since the end of 2008
  • You're the 1st solo artist of Asian origin and 1st UK urban act to top the Hot 100 [ Billboard]
  • You're the most successful British/European male urban artist in US chart history
  • You were ranked #35 in Billboard's Hot 100 Artists of 2009
  • You're the 1st male act [since Chingy in 03] to "simultaneously appear in the Hot 100 top 10 with his first two charting singles


 Congratulations of your worldwide success.
 

No comments: