September 15, 2009

Dearest Tupac Shakur,

Dearest Tupac Shakur,

Thirteen years? Really?!!


I remember exactly where I was when I heard about your unfortunate demise.
It was 1996. I had just moved to the Bay Area, from southern Florida, a few months prior.
It was a warm day & i was walking home from the local 7-11 when my homie,
who was riding by w/ her Dad, hopped out the family van & said,
"Did you hear? Tupac's Dead".
I stopped dead in my tracks. "NooOoo"! I exclaimed.

My heart hurt for the lost of such a gifted & intelligent individual.
But, you & your talent has paved the way for many who think they have a talent.
You were a sexy gangsta & we ladies loved you.
Dudes tried hard to imitate you.

Still 13 years laters, I love you like I did since the 1st time I heard your music.

1 comment:

Tresey B. =D said...

Thanks so much 4 this love note! Better late than never right? This is gonna make me tear up. Man, I love Tupac & best believe tonight I will be watching Fuse tv's tribute to him! He was a lyrical GENIUS! Thank you so much for this!